dnata Travel: Thailand ranks top for summer holidays from the UAE in 2023

Dubai, UAE, 22nd June 2023: With the Eid al-Adha break fast approaching, dnata Travel, the UAE’s longest serving travel provider, has revealed the most popular holiday hotspots over summer in 2023. In order of popularity, the ten most booked destinations are: Thailand, Turkey, Italy, UK, Greece, Maldives, Bali, Mauritius, Switzerland and Oman.

dnata Travel’s experts have also revealed an 18% increase in international holiday bookings from June to September 2023 so far, compared to the same timings in 2022.

As the most popular destination, Thailand is taking 23% of dnata Travel bookings across the summer. Within the country, the capital city Bangkok, alongside the islands of Phuket and Krabi are the top three locations for UAE travellers.

Meerah Ketait, Head of Retail and Leisure UAE at dnata Travel, commented: “A pent-up demand is driving travellers to explore more of the world, including lesser-known places and varied locations across popular hotspots. In addition to the ever-popular destinations of Thailand, Turkey, Italy and UK, we have seen a notable increase in travel to Greece in particular, compared to the same period last year.

“Thailand is our top growth destination, with demand driven by a rise in availability of flights, the country’s incredible value-for-money proposition, world-class accommodation, and varied experiences.”

A majority of summer bookings are for Eid al-Adha, where dnata Travel’s top ten international destinations remain consistent. Across the summer, 80% of bookings are for international travel, while the remaining 20% cover UAE staycations. Bookings to Hong Kong, Japan, South Africa, and Denmark are trending compared to 2022, with Austria, Spain, Singapore and Sri Lanka also growing in popularity.

dnata Travel experts continuously monitor trends and work with long-standing international partners to offer exclusive rates and added extras for the local market, alongside the latest in travel inspiration.

dnata Travel’s summer campaign is now live, offering up to 50% savings for UAE travellers across trending beach, city, mountain and desert locations across the globe, with highlight offers in the MENA region, Indian Ocean, Asia and Europe. A top offer in the trending destination of Thailand includes a three-night stay at the 5-star Banyan Tree Bangkok with return flights, daily breakfast, and a complimentary room upgrade, from AED4,525 per person.

To explore trending holiday destinations from the UAE with dnata Travel, visit www.dnataTravel.com. For more travel advice and inspiration, contact the dnata Travel experts via call or WhatsApp on 800 DNATA (36282), on social media @dnataTravel, email holidays@dnatatravel.com, or visit a dnata Travel retail outlet, with stores located across the UAE.


Notes for editors

Top summer holiday offers with dnata Travel for 2023

Phuket, Thailand

  • Stay four nights at the 5-star Zeavola Resort - Phi Phi Island with dnata Travel in a Village Suite with breakfast daily, 20% savings on your stay, return minivan and speedboat transfers, and return flights, from AED4,275 per person.

Hambantota, Sri Lanka

  • Stay three nights at the 5-star Shangri-La Hambantota, Sri Lanka with dnata Travel in a Deluxe Room with a complimentary upgrade to Half Board, 45% savings on your stay, return private airport transfers and return flights, from AED3,365 per person.

Turtle Bay, Mauritius

  • Stay three nights at the 5-star Maritim Resort & Spa, Mauritius with dnata Travel in a Deluxe Room on All-Inclusive, with 50% savings on your stay, return flights and return private airport transfers, from AED6,135 per person.